A Letter for Daddy






Dear Daddy,

I love you.

Yes, you read that right. I love you. I know that I barely said it now that I'm all grown up-but you have to know, I love you and Mum so much. You makes me really happy-so, I want to tell you something;

I'm letting you see my world; my perspective of life.

Pops, I know that I never opened up about my relationships to you, but it's not because I don't want you to know. It because I don't wan't you to snapped someone's son's head in half. Gotta admit that daddy. You would kill anyone that tried to hit on me. Its okay tho, I still love you. Sometimes, I would see you standing in the driveway and faking a smile to every man that dropped me off. I know that you wish to tell them that they don't deserve me. But you have to know that you're the first man that truly loves me.

I know that you're always worried about me, but I promise you, I can take care of myself. I know that you stayed up late every single time I texted you that I have to stayed longer than usual at campus. I can very much take care of myself, daddy. I know all the killer moves you've taught me and I know that I worry you, but I promise you, I got this.

Daddy, I think I've found love. It's amazing how he make my heart beats, when everyday I prayed to God for it to stop beating. Yes, he's just an ordinary university boy, but he makes me the happiest. You know how you said that when I found the one, I'll know? I think I finally did, Dad.

Being imperfect, for me, is the definition of perfect. So please, if I tell you that I don't care about being ugly, don't think that I'm insecure, I just didn't have the energy to spare any fucks to give. You know how I love to wear baggy t-shirt at home, right? That's not because I don't want to look beautiful, I'm embracing my body. I know it needs to breathe out sometimes, too.

Daddy, I want you to know that every damn time I stayed quiet, that's not because I don't want you to saw me being vulnerable, I just want to prove to you that, I'm all grown up and I can do everything by myself. You know, I got this, right?

Lastly, thank you for never losing faith in me. Thank you for making it look easy, even when I'm hard to love.

I'll always be your little girl,
ara


Comments

Popular Posts