The Better Half Of Me



Dear Aldi Jehezkiel,

I'm so in love with you.


Yes, please know that I'm so deeply head over heels in love with you. They have always told me that I should stop hating myself first before loving you, but you, oh my God, you make me love you so much, I forgot what hating myself felt like.

I bet my all when I decided to jump in, head first, yet so far, you still love me the way I am, just like when I was 18. I don't wanna lie, you did give me doubts. As I said to you, being with you is like going on adventures. Every sunset is me guessing if it ever comes to an end, and every sunrise is me, grateful that you're still all safe and sound.

Every day, I asked myself am I really enough for you. No, this is not your fault, I created this feeling on my own. You've been nothing but the best to me, and I'm scared as hell because God knows that I don't have much with me. I know that you could have all the girl you wanted and it still shocks me that you're still here with me. 

People always asked what makes me so sure about you. The answer is the fact that I know that you would never hurt me. For fuck sake, you even showed me how to love myself. They have always told me to never gave my all when it comes to you, but fuck it, I'm running with you. 

Last night, I called my papa, and for the first time in my nineteen years of existence, I talked to him about you. I told him how you're such a kind soul, hidden under your tough attitude. I told him how he's going to like you, because you're really kind, and you're funny, just like him sometimes. I told him how you would kiss me and hold me when I'm sad, and for the first time, he accepted the fact that I'm in love.

Today, I woke up and talked to my mama about you. I told her how you're such a hilarious person and your laughter lit up my dark skies. I told her how well you're going so far with your school, and I told her that I'm so proud of you and your achievements. 

People have been telling me that you're probably temporary cause once you're famous, you'll stand up and leave, but I don't care, I'll still want you. The world is yours, go and do whatever you want, I'm happy for you. There's nothing I wouldn't do to support you, I'm happy for you. 

Remember, I'm only me because of you.


Comments

Popular Posts