This Is What Valentine Should Felt Like

 


[ things I should've said on Valentine's day ]


 When I was a teen, let's say when I was 14, I always thought that Valentine is a special day where you get to have a lot of chocolate and have someone admitting their feeling towards you. As a teen, I always dreamed of love as pure as my parent's or as romantic as The Fault In Our Star's. You see, I dreamed of perfect love. A romantic one, filled with roses and I love you 's now and then or a boy to sing me Justin Bieber's One Time in front of my friend. I dreamed of a cliche romance, as bad as it sounds.


 Yet now, here I am, 5 years later, deeply in love and now I realize, Valentine's day is so much more than that. For me, when you're with the right person, you don't need Valentine's day, because every day will felt like one. Here I am, 19 years old and I realize that love could speak through forehead kisses. Love could also speak through a warm embrace while driving to Puncak, or eating Roti Bakar at Warpat. Love could speak through how he plays the guitar while looking at me in the eye while I sing our jam, or a night ride while getting excited to eat Nasi Uduk. 


 You see, Love speaks to me in the kindest way possible. Love comes to me in a form of 168cm man with tattoos and piercings, and one hell of fighting skill. Love speaks to me through the way he made me laugh, and the way he holds me and runs his fingers through my hair whenever I'm sad. Love speaks to me through the way he hugs me when I'm sleeping, even though I know that I probably put a numb to his arm. Love also speaks to me through the way he admires my brain, a way no man ever did before, or the way he introduces me to his best friends-his two most important rides or dies. 


 Love speaks to me in the purest actions, and I think everyone in this god damn earth deserves that feeling. So fuck Valentine's day, each day should be the day love speaks through you. Get yourself a pure form of love. Get yourself a person that you think of when you read this, because love should be kind, and love should not hurt.


-it's so beautiful, I promise.

Comments

Popular Posts